Belgrade Theatre, Coventry
Coventry's Belgrade Theatre was the first purpose-built civic Theatre to open after the war in 1958, began a new period of modern theatre building across the UK.
In upgrades to the main house Theatreplan conceieved of a new front of house lighting postion over the orchestra pit. Creating a new access into the roof from the fly tower, to ensure the lighting position could be accessed safely. In the main house Theatreplan also facilitated the refurbishment of the safety curtain.
When Stanton Williams extended the building with an addition to the foyer and a second auditorium space Theatreplan designed the B2 Auditorium prior to the client selecting a design and build tender.